|This article is a stub. You can help the GeGeGe no Kitarō Wiki by expanding it.|
|Genre||Horror, Yōkai, Satire|
|Series director||Kimitoshi Chioka|
|Character design||Tadayoshi Yamamuro|
|Animation studio||Toei Animation|
|Production||Hakaba Kitarō Production Committee|
|Broadcast period||January 10~March 20, 2008|
|[v · t · e]|
In 2008, while the 5th anime series was still being aired, a new anime based on the original "Hakaba Kitarō" manga stories was aired. It ran for 11 episodes from January 10 to March 20. The series featured the return of voice actors Masako Nozawa and Chikao Ōtsuka to their respective original roles of Kitarō and Nezumi-Otoko. As in the main anime series, Isamu Tanonaka reprised the role of Medama-Oyaji.
Kitarō is a yōkai boy born in a cemetery, and aside from his mostly-decayed father, the last living member of the Ghost tribe. He is missing his left eye, but his hair usually covers the empty socket. He fights for peace between humans and yōkai, which generally involves protecting the former from the wiles of the latter.
This version of the Kitarō story is based on the original "Hakaba Kitarō" manga, the manga which inspired the popular "Gegege no Kitarō" series in the late 60's.
| Masako Nozawa|
| Isamu Tanonaka|
| Chikao Ōtsuka|
| Tōru Ōkawa|
| Kazue Ikura|
| Shoko Nakagawa|
| Kōzō Shioya|
| Pierre Taki|
- Daisuke Gōri as Kitarō's Father (Ep. 1)
- Reiko Suzuki as Kitarō's Mother (Ep. 1)
- Ako Mayama as Mizuki's Mother (Ep. 1)
- Masaharu Satō as Company President (Ep. 1 & 2)
- Hideyuki Hori as Yasha & Bon Arima (Ep. 2)
- Ryūzaburō Ōtomo as Dracula IV (Ep. 2)
- Yasuhiko Kawazu as Mizugami (Ep. 6 & 7)
- Katsuhisa Hōki as London Werewolf (Ep. 7)
- Yōko Kawanami as Gama-Reijō (Ep. 7)
- Hidekatsu Shibata as Kanemaru (Ep. 8)
- Naomi Shindō as Mary (Ep. 8)
- Mitsuru Miyamoto as Murata (Ep. 8)
- Chafūrin as The Guide (Ep. 8)
- Masashi Ebara as Johnny in the Mist (Ep. 9)
- Tomomichi Nishimura as Ikegaki (Ep. 9)
- Bin Shimada as Shigeru Mizuki (Ep. 10)
- Kimiko Saitō as Mizuki's Wife (Ep. 10)
- Shiori Ebara as Caroline (Ep. 10)
- Banjō Ginga as Gamotsu (Ep. 10)
- Yasuhiro Takato as Adobarana (Ep. 10)
- Natsuhiko Kyōgoku as Tompo (Ep. 10)
- Jūrōta Kosugi as Sagaru Mizuki (Ep. 11)
- Mahito Ōba as Underworld Sagaru Mizuki (Ep. 11)
- Kōji Yada as Ochiba (Ep. 11)
- Fumihiko Tachiki as Doctor (Ep. 11)
Although Hakaba Kitarō is not considered part of the "GeGeGe no..." anime franchise, several voice actors had previously appeared in it:
- As previously mentioned, Masako Nozawa, Isamu Tanonaka and Chikao Ōtsuka all reprised their roles from the 1968 and 1971 adaptations.
- Kōzō Shioya voiced Konaki-Jijii in the 1996 adaptation.
- Daisuke Gōri voiced Enma-Daiō in the 1985 and 2007 adaptations and Shu no Bon in the 1996 adaptation.
- Reiko Suzuki and Yasuhiro Takato were appearing semi-regularly as Jakotsu-Babaa and Kyūso respectively in the 2007 adaptation at the time.
- Masaharu Satō voiced Masao Tendō in the 1985 adaptation and Backbeard in the 1996 adaptation.
- Yōko Kawanami voiced Yūko Tendō in the 1985 adaptation.
- Yasuhiko Kawazu voiced numerous guest characters in the 1996 adaptation.
- Hidekatsu Shibata voiced Backbeard in the 1985 and 2007 adaptations.
- Tomomichi Nishimura voiced Nurarihyon in the 1996 adaptation.
- Kōji Yada voiced Konaki-Jijii in the 1971 adaptation.
- Banjō Ginga voiced numerous guest characters in the 1985 adaptation.
- Bin Shimada and Fumihiko Tachiki had both voiced numerous guest characters in the 1996 adaptation.
- Natsuhiko Kyōgoku voiced Ikkokudō in the 1996 adaptation.
|#||Title||Original airdate||Written by||Directed by||Animation director||Manga Story|
|01|| The Birth of Kitarō|
|2008-01-10||Yoshimi Narita|| Kōhei Hatano|
|Tsuguyuki Kubo||Ghost Family / One Way Ticket to Hell|
|02|| Yasha vs. Dracula IV|
Yasha Tai Dorakyura Shise
|2008-01-17||Yoshimi Narita||Hiroyuki Kakudō||Tateru Namikaze||The Boarding House / An Appointment with Death|
|03|| The Vampire Tree|
|2008-01-24||Keiichi Hasegawa||Hidehito Ueda||Tatsuya Oka||The Vampire Tree and the Neko-Musume|
|2008-01-31||Ikuko Takahashi||Tetsuharu Nakamura|| Yūji Hakamada|
|The Vampire Tree and the Neko-Musume|
|05|| Fake Kitarō|
|2008-02-07||Ikuko Takahashi|| Kōhei Hatano|
| Takashi Hashimoto|
|A Walk to Hell|
|2008-02-14||Yoshimi Narita||Iku Ishiguro|| Masayuki Shimizu|
|Mizugami-sama Comes to Town|
|07|| The Werewolf and the Ghost Train|
Hito-Ōkami to Yūrei Ressha
|2008-02-21||Yoshimi Narita||Hiroki Shibata||Yōichi Ōnishi||In the Face of the Enemy|
|08|| The Strangest Showdown|
Kaiki Ichiban Shōbu
|2008-02-28||Yasuyuki Tsutsumi||Hiroyuki Kakudō|| Tsuguyuki Kubo|
|The Strangest Showdown|
|09|| Johnny in the Mist|
Kiri no naka no Jonī
|2008-03-06||Keiichi Hasegawa||Hidehito Ueda||Tatsuya Oka||Johnny in the Mist|
|2008-03-13||Yasuyuki Tsutsumi||Kōhei Hatano|| Yūji Hakamada|
|I'm a Freshman|
|11|| A Foolish Man|
Aho na Otoko
|2008-03-20||Yoshimi Narita||Kimitoshi Chioka||Tadayoshi Yamamuro||A Foolish Man|