|This article is a stub. You can help the GeGeGe no Kitarō Wiki by expanding it.|
The 47 Yōkai Warriors (妖怪四十七士, Yōkai Shijūshichi-Shi) are a group of Japanese yōkai with the abilitly to draw spirit energy from Jigoku, one from each of the 47 prefectures in Japan. Enma-Daiō charged Nezumi-Otoko and Neko-Musume with finding them to assist Kitarō in battle. When one of the 47 uses their powers, a special 47 (四七) mark will appear somewhere on their body.
Kawauso was the 1st to be shown as one of the 47. His mark is located his right arm. He is the representative of Ishikawa.
Sunakake-Babaa was the 2nd to be shown as one of the 47. Her mark is located on her left hand. She's the representative of the Nara Prefecture.
Amabie is the 9th of the chosen 47. Her mark is located on her right fin tail. She's the representative of Kumamoto.
The Remaining 23
Because the 2007 anime was suddenly canceled at Ep. 100, only 24 of the 47 were revealed, with the remaining 23 listed abruptly at the end of the episode. They were later shown in action in the movie GeGeGe no Kitarō: Nippon Bakuretsu!!.
- Tesso - Shiga Prefecture
- Inugami Gyōbu-Danuki - Ehime Prefecture
- Ippon-Datara - Wakayama Prefecture
- Iso-Onna - Nagasaki Prefecture
- Sunekosuri - Okayama Prefecture
- Hyōsube - Saga Prefecture
- Yama-Jijii - Kōchi Prefecture
- Raijū - Tochigi Prefecture
- Seko - Ōita Prefecture
- Mintsuchi - Hokkaido
- Waira - Ibaraki Prefecture
- Kabukiri-Kozō - Chiba Prefecture
- Hitotsume-Kozō - Tokyo
- Mikari-Baba - Kanagawa Prefecture
- Dansaburō - Niigata Prefecture
- Wakasa Mermaid - Fukui Prefecture
- Yakanzuru - Nagano Prefecture
- Matsu no Seirei - Aichi Prefecture
- Ichimokuren - Mie Prefecture
- Osan-Kitsune - Hiroshima Prefecture
- Shidaidaka - Yamaguchi Prefecture
- Tearai-Oni - Kagawa Prefecture
- Yanboshi - Miyazaki Prefecture